Re: VMS and Win32 Makefiles in change 31059

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 25, 2007 03:11
Re: VMS and Win32 Makefiles in change 31059
Message ID:
20070425091207.GD91654@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06:04AM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:
> >However, I can't test Win32 or VMS. I've tried to write the makefile
> >sections
> >based on cut&paste from the rules for miniperl and x2p, but I suspect I
> >have
> >bugs:
>
> There were a few slips in the Win32 changes, mostly relating to paths
> (the Win32 build is done from win32/, so the generate_uudmap.* paths are
> all ..\ from there, plus the globals.c file first gets compiled into the
> mini\ sub-directory), but also a missing "<<" to end a temp file and the
> EMBED_EXE_MANI needed for VC8 was missed.
>
> I'm going to test things with the attached changes, and will apply it
> (or similar) later.

Thanks.

I forgot to add last night that I had no idea where to start on makefile.ce,
so didn't touch it. Therefore I infer I broke the WinCE build. Sorry.

I couldn't see a good way to ship a default uudmap.h and have it correctly
rebuilt locally. (Without all sorts of Makefile mess). Maybe we should put
a copy of the ASCII uudmap.h into Porting/, to keep the sample config.h
company.

I hope it's fairly easy to recover, as generate_uudmap only needs to be
built and run on the host machine. It's just that with a cross compile,
one has to start paying attention to what is the host compiler and what is
the cross compiler, and with no way to test any of this, I suspected that
any guess on my part would have been sufficiently far from working code that
a clean slate would be easier.

Nicholas Clark