Re: Performance problems with Hash::Util::FieldHash

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 18, 2007 08:48
Re: Performance problems with Hash::Util::FieldHash
Message ID:
b77c1dce0704180848x6e69a593j4a6aa2e86b32999@mail.gmail.com
On 18/04/07, Jerry D. Hedden <jdhedden@cpan.org> wrote:
> While field hashes do a bit better than refaddr in get
> operations, stringification is the hands down winner!  Why?

Probably because IIRC field hashes have an additional overhead,
setting magic, weakening references.

> And, of course, all this pales in comparison to what
> Object::InsideOut already does.

How does it work internally ?

> While I fully appreciate the significance of the work done
> by Anno, unless something drastic can be done to improve
> their performance, there doesn't seem to be any reason to
> bother trying to use field hashes.

Profiling anyone ?