Re: repository Perl kurila, where Gerard posts a Perl7 idea-of-concept patch

From:
Alexey Tourbin
Date:
April 11, 2007 12:06
Re: repository Perl kurila, where Gerard posts a Perl7 idea-of-concept patch
Message ID:
20070411190718.GE9264@solemn.turbinal
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:36:40PM +1300, Sam Vilain wrote:
>   Alexey's:
>   git://git.altlinux.org/people/at/packages/perl.git
>     - converted using a "proper" p4 connection (I assume)

Nope, I didn't use any p4 connection.  I used ONLY patches from
rsync activestate.com archive.  The import looks sane because I spent
some time to develop scripts that sanitize the patches and, roughly
speaking, double check everything that is possible to check (without
real p4 connection).

>     - perl 5.8.0 is the first commit

I believe I couldn't find earlier changes in activestate.com rsync
archive.  On the other hand, perl is not that small, so I felt like
that starting with 5.8.0 is reasonable tradeoff (well, for me).