[HOWTO] manage blead patches with git+rsync

From:
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Date:
April 8, 2007 16:30
Subject:
[HOWTO] manage blead patches with git+rsync
Message ID:
51dd1af80704081630l4337f49dl320e9a1476b72b3e@mail.gmail.com
This is what I now use to manage my patches with Cogito, the git
mirror + rsync (because the mirror isn't up to date). There are
probably better ways to do this, such as having a second git
repository that blead gets synced into that then gets pulled by the
working repository. But in case anyone finds this useful..:

cg-clone git://git.altlinux.org/people/at/packages/perl.git perl5.git
rsync -cavz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ perl5.git
cd perl5.git
for i in $(cg-status | grep ^\? | sed s/^..//); do cg-add -r $i; done
cg-commit -m"merged from blead on $(date --iso-8601)"
*change stuff*
cg-diff $file