Interesting out of memory behaviour, looks like bug in perl

From:
andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR
Date:
April 2, 2007 00:00
Subject:
Interesting out of memory behaviour, looks like bug in perl
Message ID:
874pnzuuq5.fsf@k75.linux.bogus
A few days ago I reported bug
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=25927 about
AGRUNDMA/HTTP-Body-0.9.tar.gz but after some thinking I came to the
conclusion that this must be a bug in perl.

The test script 04multipart.t prints 'ok 1' on my linux box with
recent bleadperls and then consumes all the memory it has and after
quite a long time dies with 'out of memory'. From reading the perl
source the last command must be an is_deeply().

When I run it through the perl debugger, the whole test succeeds in
less than a second.

One should not pay attention to the fact that replacing YAML with
YAML::Syck also lets the test succeed. This probably just shadows the
perl bug.

Ideas how to proceed welcome,
--
andreas