develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2007

Re: unpack - a CPAN statistic

From:
Marc Lehmann
Date:
March 31, 2007 13:55
Re: unpack - a CPAN statistic
Message ID:
20070331205517.GA14042@schmorp.de
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:30:36PM +0200, Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> wrote:
> I looked at most of those above as well as an additional 20 files, and
> found that all uses I could find were broken, relying on "C" as if it had
> "U" semantics (without high characters).

I also looked at a much larger (maybe an additional fifty) of those
unpacks trying to judge from the variable names and context and didn't
find anything suspicious. Thats a whopping 1% of all of them (but a much
larger share of actually distinct modules, as I counted e.g. Gtk2 fourteen
times, once for each release) :->

It occured to me that somebody might interested in the list:

   http://data.plan9.de/stat.upck.txt

thats the 9836 (or so) uses of unpack's "C" on cpan that are not obviously
broken and not obviously correct.

Hope this is of interest to somebody.

--
                The choice of a