develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2007

question about Net::hostent module

From:
Brian Reichert
Date:
March 23, 2007 12:03
Subject:
question about Net::hostent module
Message ID:
20070323190333.GD612@numachi.com
Hello, we've never met. :)  (First time posting!)

I've been cobbling together code to act as an extension of Net::hostent,
with an eye toward constructing/manipulating a hostent object.  (My
bigger goal is to write a module for manipulating /etc/hosts.)

My understanding is that this module is currently maintained by Perl 5
Porters, hence my question to this list.

I could wander off into the weeds, doing my own thing, but I can't
help but think that this code should somehow get merged into the
Net::hostent module itself.

I have code that:

- lets me get/set the varous elements
- lets me add/delete/manipulate the addr/alias sets
- plus some extra conveniences...
- etc.

Does the community have any interest in this?

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842