develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2007

Re: Perl 6 Microgrants. Now accepting proposals.

From:
Nathan Gray
Date:
March 23, 2007 03:22
Re: Perl 6 Microgrants. Now accepting proposals.
Message ID:
20070323015339.GB8059@vs1.graystudios.org
On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 01:24:58PM +0000, Tim Bunce wrote:
> Here's a related idea: write a tool that reads BNF grammar, such as
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/syntax.html
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/grammars.html
> and writes a parser in Perl 6 for that grammar.

Writing a Perl 6 grammar to parse BNF should not be too hard.  Writing
an emitter to translate that into a Perl 6 grammar should also not be
very hard, though I find emitters harder to write.

I'm thinking of an architecture similar to Flavio Glock's MiniPerl6.

  http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/v6/v6-MiniPerl6/lib/MiniPerl6/

> Anyone interested in those ideas?

Quite interested, though lacking tuits at the moment.

-kolibrie