develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2007

Building 5.8.5 on Windows

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
March 14, 2007 12:25
Subject:
Building 5.8.5 on Windows
Message ID:
0A6E7F5F-EB7A-4998-9748-01AF79B4DBF2@hexten.net
I'm trying to build 5.8.5 on Windows to track down a test failure
that's been reported for TAP::Parser. I'm not having much success :)

I'm using MS VC++ 2005 Express. With the default win32/Makefile it
can't find "windows.h". Fix that and it can't find "user32.lib". Fix
that and can't find "windows.h" again, this time while trying to run
xsubpp with miniperl.

Before I spend any more time on it is it expected to Just Work with VC
++ 2005? And if not does anyone have a patched Makefile kicking
around? Even a Makefile for something other than 5.8.5 would be
helpful; I could compare it the the vanilla version and get a clue
what I need to change.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net