develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2007

$Win32::VERSION problem

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
February 26, 2007 06:23
Subject:
$Win32::VERSION problem
Message ID:
45E2ED0B.3060406@uk.radan.com
I just tried building libwin32-0.26 using an installed copy of the
current bleadperl, and got this error:

Win32 version 0.270 (v0.270.0) required--this is only version 0.260
(v0.260.0) at c:\perl\lib/File/Copy.pm line 273.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\Bin\N
MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I can't quite get my head round what's gone wrong. Current bleadperl
says $Win32::VERSION is 0.27 and libwin32-0.26 says 0.26, but current
maintperl says 0.2601 and doesn't experience the same problem!

Is it something to do with having just moved win32/ext/Win32API/File to
ext/Win32API/File ? That's the main thing in this area that is currently
different between blead and maint.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.