develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2007

Re: New release ?

From:
andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR
Date:
January 18, 2007 02:03
Re: New release ?
Message ID:
87zm8gzm73.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

  > On 1/16/07, Tels <nospam-abuse@bloodgate.com> wrote:
 >> Anyway, back to the topic. The problem at hand is that:
 >>
 >> * Module Foo defined and exports a constant
 >> * Module Bar imports that constant
 >> * Pod::Coverage et. al. cannot distinguish between an imported constant,
 >> and one defined in the module Bar itself.

  > This is just a bug in Pod::Coverage. If it can't recognize that a
  > constant was imported from somewhere else then that's the coverage
  > testing program's problem. What does this have to with 5.10?

Because 26487 "broke" it. Pod::Coverage was working better up to this
change.

Contrary to my previous posting it was not due to the introduction of
ExtUtils::Constant::ProxySubs in patch 26453.

--
andreas