develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2007

Re: New release ?

From:
David Landgren
Date:
January 8, 2007 03:04
Re: New release ?
Message ID:
45A2251A.2090506@landgren.net
H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:49:11 +0100, Marcus Holland-Moritz <mhx-perl@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2007-01-05, at 20:07:09 +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
>>
>>>   - initial value of NV_PRESERVES_UV_BITS
>>>
>>> As long as no-one explicitly tells me to alter the behaviour regarding
>>> the second item, I will take no action.
>> Currently, the default (/initial) value of NV_PRESERVES_UV_BITS
>> is literal 'undef', which causes compilation failure of sv.c,
>> despite Configure finishing successfully. So it's hard to make
>> it worse in this case by changing the default.
>
> What a superb summary. Not only me, but also the summarizer would greatly
> appreciate if complex threads would be summarized this powerful!

err, quite. I have been taking a bit of break from summarising,
rebuilding the home network and generally taking care of business. I'll
get back into the swing of things this week.

Thanks for the reminder, I was wondering if anyone had noticed :)

DAvid