develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2007

Re: New release ?

From:
John Peacock
Date:
January 5, 2007 09:39
Re: New release ?
Message ID:
459E8D5F.3060604@rowman.com
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> I'm trying to make a list of what needs to be sorted out before a new
> development release: (5.9.5, which should be feature-equal to 5.10.0)

I want to release version v1.0.0 before Perl v5.10.0 is cut (and maybe
before v5.9.5 too), so last call for compatibility concerns.  Since
version objects are by default enabled in the core since v5.9.1(?), I
want to make damn sure that the compatibility module on CPAN works
exactly the same.  I also want to make sure that the Makefile.PL and
Build.PL correctly refuse to install the CPAN release under bleadperl
and v5.10.x.

The only test failures I am seeing on testers.cpan.org are Not My Fault
(as far as I can tell).  Please open a ticket at rt.cpan.org if you
think differently (the one open ticket there will be resolved by the
next release).

John

--
John Peacock