develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Re: [perl #40298] Data::Dumper crashing on filehandle type via CGIupload

From:
Michael P. Soulier
Date:
September 28, 2006 18:38
Re: [perl #40298] Data::Dumper crashing on filehandle type via CGIupload
Message ID:
451BFC21.5000906@mitel.com
Steve Peters via RT wrote:
> Is there any way you can provide a simplified test case so that we can
> actually examine the problem?  Also, the Perl you are using (5.8.0) is
> amazingly over four years old.  Any chance you could try with a newer
> Perl to see if the bug has already been fixed?

I was not able to reproduce this in a simple example. It apparently has
to do with the interaction of several of the modules in our FormMagick
framework. The ultimate culprit was Data::Dumper, with the Dumpxs call
causing the Perl interpreter to crash.

Forcing the Dumpperl subroutine instead, I can at least catch the
exception.

I am attaching patches to CGI::Persistent and Object::Persistence that
seem to work around the issue.

I tried upgrading but churn in CGI::Persistent prevented me from testing
at all, as much of how the sessions are stored has changed.

Cheers,
Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier@mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522