develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Goodbye for now.

From:
John E. Malmberg
Date:
September 28, 2006 10:05
Subject:
Goodbye for now.
Message ID:
451C00E0.3060700@qsl.net
It looks like for a little while my work on Perl on OpenVMS will be
interrupted.

I am now in a full time hunt for new employment, and while I would like
to continue from where I left off with the improvements for the VMS
handling of file specifications and other UNIX behavior, that may all
depend on where I end up.

In the mean time, I can not keep up with the volume of messages on this
list, so I will have to unsubscribe.

Any job leads of course, even non-VMS ones would be appreciated.  Once I
get employed again, I plan to submit a bug-fix to bash that looks like
it will speed up the execution of scripts by possibly as much as 30%.

I can be reached at this e-mail address, but it has a very aggressive
spam-filter.  For more reliable delivery, I have e-mail addresses of:
malmberg$(x)encompasserve.org and malmberg.family$(x)gmail.com where
$(x) is an @ of course.

Thanks and regards,
John Malmberg