develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

shared library excpetions thrown are unhanlded

From:
Kalpana Shetty
Date:
September 27, 2006 23:37
Subject:
shared library excpetions thrown are unhanlded
Message ID:
85AB8EFB85FB7445A4C911EFE56D8BFB02345A21@BLRMAIL.symphonysv.com
Hello,

We need info regarding shared library throwing an exception which are
kind of ignored.

Let me explain the scenario:

We have a shared library which is loaded through dlopen of DynaLoader.
As per the Sun doc we need to use RTLD_GLOBAL for exception to work. We
have changed the Solaris DynaLoader.pm where dl_load_file(...,...) been
passed with flag

RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL) ie 0x00101 as second param to
dl_load_file(...). Though the flag been set correctly but still we see
problem of exception are not handled in shared library which results in
core dump where program receives SIGABRT.

Through dbx we have seen dlopen with RTLD_GLOBAL flag set for dlopened
shared library. Also, we have seen this problem only on Solaris. Do let
us know what could be the problem? Do we need to set any linker option
to make exceptions to work    in shared library.

Kalpana