develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Re: Nick Ing-Simmons

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
September 26, 2006 17:02
Re: Nick Ing-Simmons
Message ID:
86D10AA9-828E-4A06-A157-608A42E06FC5@pobox.com
On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Shona McNeill wrote:
> I am sad to inform you all that yesterday evening, Nick Ing-Simmons
> died
> following a massive heart attack.

This is very sad and a huge loss. Not just for those in the
communities that he participated in, but for anyone who knew Nick.

I was privileged to work with Nick at Texas Instruments for 7 years.
During that time he taught me many things. I have always felt a great
debt to Nick for how he helped shape my early career. He was an
intelligent person with a willingness to share his knowledge to help
others and one who had a great passion about everything he did.

He will be missed by many.

My sincere condolences go out to Medi and all of Nicks family.

Graham.