develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Re: perl.gcov

From:
=?iso-8859-1?b?U+liYXN0aWVu?= Aperghis-Tramoni
Date:
September 26, 2006 01:01
Re: perl.gcov
Message ID:
1159257663.4518de3fb8a09@imp6-g19.free.fr
Jim Cromie wrote:

> thanks, that gets me further, resulting build works a little:
>
> $ perl.gcov -Ilib -e 'print 1..10'
> 12345678910
>
> $ perl.gcov -Ilib -V:ld.*
> ld='cc';
> lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib';
> ldflags=' -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -L/usr/local/lib';
> ldflags_uselargefiles='';
> ldlibpthname='LD_LIBRARY_PATH';
> ldflags_nolargefiles=' -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -L/usr/local/lib';
> [jimc@harpo bleadperl]$
>
> [jimc@harpo bleadperl]$ perl.gcov -Ilib -e 'print 1..10'
> [jimc@harpo bleadperl]$ gcov pad.c
> pad.gcno:cannot open graph file

You can find the crude shell script I wrote to generate my Perl coverage[1]
here[2,3]. Abe Timmerman has improved it in order to also include non-XS
Perl modules in the coverage report[4]. I don't know where is the latest
version of his script but you can find a copy here[5]. I haven't been able
to successfully run it (but I haven't try very hard :)

 [1] http://www.maddingue.net/perlcover/
 [2] http://www.maddingue.net/perlcover/bin/mk.bleadcover
 [3] http://www.maddingue.net/perlcover/bin/exec-in-dir
 [4] http://www.test-smoke.org/perlcover/