develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Re: perl.gcov

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
September 25, 2006 16:54
Re: perl.gcov
Message ID:
45186C5C.8020702@gmail.com
S├ębastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
> Jim Cromie wrote:
>

>> I just tried my 1st perl.gcov build, and am having problems
>> I tried both of these
>>
>>  bleadperl]$ sh Configure -Dusethreads -Doptimize=-pg -Dusedevel
>> -Accflags="-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"
>>  bleadperl]$ sh Configure -Dusethreads -Dusedevel
>> -Accflags="-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"
>>

> It seems that -Aldflags="-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage" is also
> needed to build a gcov perl. At least, that's what we (Paul Johnson,
> Abe Timmerman and myself) use for building the Perl coverage.
>
> --
> S├ębastien Aperghis-Tramoni
>
> Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

thanks, that gets me further, resulting build works a little:

$ perl.gcov -Ilib -e 'print 1..10'
12345678910

$ perl.gcov -Ilib -V:ld.*
ld='cc';
lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib';
ldflags=' -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -L/usr/local/lib';
ldflags_uselargefiles='';
ldlibpthname='LD_LIBRARY_PATH';
ldflags_nolargefiles=' -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -L/usr/local/lib';
[jimc@harpo bleadperl]$

[jimc@harpo bleadperl]$ perl.gcov -Ilib -e 'print 1..10'
[jimc@harpo bleadperl]$ gcov pad.c
pad.gcno:cannot open graph file

Worse,  it dies trying to use B.pm

[jimc@harpo bleadperl]$ ./perl.gcov -Ilib -MO=Concise -e 'print 1..10,"\n"'
Can't load 'lib/auto/B/B.so' for module B: lib/auto/B/B.so: undefined
symbol: __gcov_merge_add at lib/XSLoader.pm line 70.
 at lib/B.pm line 303
Compilation failed in require at lib/O.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/O.pm line 5.