develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Fcntl with ProxySubs (26453) introduces new warnings

From:
andreas.koenig.gmwojprw
Date:
September 22, 2006 02:21
Subject:
Fcntl with ProxySubs (26453) introduces new warnings
Message ID:
878xkcw937.fsf@k75.linux.bogus
The following program did not issue a warning before 26453 but now
gives

  /home/src/perl/repoperls/installed-perls/perl/pKiApCt/perl-5.8.0@28880/bin/perl -e 'use Fcntl qw(SEEK_SET);
  *SEEK_SET = sub { 0 };
  '
  Constant subroutine main::SEEK_SET redefined at -e line 2.
  Prototype mismatch: sub main::SEEK_SET () vs none at -e line 2.

Change 26453 by nicholas@nicholas-saigo on 2005/12/22 21:02:19

	Make ExtUtils::Constant generate the inlineable proxy constant subs.
	So far just enough to make Fcntl work.

While I would consider this a bug fix, perhaps not everybody will be
pleased.

I'm not complaining, I just want to raise attention. (I discovered the
problem because File::Slurp's test suite now triggers this new
warning, so I had to explain it to the author)

--
andreas