develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2006

Re: [perl #38488] -M isn't forbidden on the #! line with -x

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
September 21, 2006 07:13
Re: [perl #38488] -M isn't forbidden on the #! line with -x
Message ID:
20060921161307.064c819c@grubert.mandriva.com
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

> Besides, it would be nice to *never* give the too late for -M error;
> let's go ahead and allow it when it's easy to.

It seems to pose awkward problems in the parsing of the option
(notably because spaces are allowed in the argument to -M). So
if we support it (and simply disabling the check in toke.c isn't
enough) we couldn't support it fully.