develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2006

Re: [perl #3306] DESTROY doesn't get called.

From:
Yuval Kogman
Date:
May 1, 2006 17:24
Re: [perl #3306] DESTROY doesn't get called.
Message ID:
20060502002316.GY10759@woobling.org
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 20:55:21 +0100, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > Oh... I was assuming if it were that way then the optimization would
> > not be so substantial ;-)
>
> I should imagine it's copying the scratchpad that takes most of the time.
> Hmm, perhaps we could just share the scratchpads for non-closure anon
> subs?

Why is it copied? I guessed (in my prior email) that it's not
captured vars, but just the sub proto and allocation info, right?
In general the only runtime writable part of the scratch pad are the
free variables... Perhaps closures should have the pad split up?

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418