Re: [perl #39020] Pod::Html generates incorrect href's in some html anchors

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
April 29, 2006 14:44
Re: [perl #39020] Pod::Html generates incorrect href's in some html anchors
Message ID:
873bfwdpmu.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
Tels <nospam-abuse@bloodgate.com> writes:

> Moin,

>> Pod::Html generates bad links for multiple-line =head# paragraphs
>> that include X<> elements. Other directives that generate HTML
>> Anchors may exhibit the same problem.
>>
>> An example from perlop.pod in the base documentation:
>>
>> =head2 Operator Precedence and Associativity
>> X<operator, precedence> X<precedence> X<associativity>

> As far as I know POD, there should be an empty line after the =head2. I
> think this is a bug in the POD, not the converter.

That would make the X<> sequences part of the following paragraph instead
of part of the heading.  I believe the intention is that they be part of
the heading.

So far as I know, this is valid POD, if unusual.