Re: another handy tip for code police: with gcc -Wall, use -O

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
April 29, 2006 09:50
Re: another handy tip for code police: with gcc -Wall, use -O
Message ID:
445399C2.1040505@gmail.com
Andy Lester wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2006, at 2:50 AM, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>
>> Without the -O certain code checks don't kick in, most importantly
>> the warning about the use of uninitialised variables:
>
> Beautiful.  I've had mine at -O0.  Do you know if different -O levels
> trigger different errors?

It's possible but I am not aware of the details.  In general the
warnings and warning levels of gcc are a bit of a mess.