Re: [perl #9374] RE: bizarre code leads to bizar ARRAY assign

From:
andreas.koenig.gmwojprw
Date:
April 27, 2006 15:00
Re: [perl #9374] RE: bizarre code leads to bizar ARRAY assign
Message ID:
87zmi6bsfy.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

 >> Does anyone care about (useless) code causing bizarre things ?
 >> Or shouldn't I bother with bugs like this one ?
 >>
 >> perl -wle '@{1for 1.5}=3'
 >>
 >> Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at -e line 1.
 >> (what do you mean, play too much perl golf ?)

  > This problem seems to be fixed in 5.8.8 and 5.9.3.

  > Can someone confirm this? And/or check what patch fixed this

This is what my installation of Perl::Repository::APC can answer:

----Program----
@{1for 1.5}=3

----Output of .../pTdhOgo/perl-5.8.0@25828/bin/perl----
Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at tests/anim-bizarre.pl line 1.

----Output of .../p4nflkP/perl-5.8.0@25829/bin/perl----

--
andreas