[perl #9374] RE: bizarre code leads to bizar ARRAY assign

From:
Animator via RT
Date:
April 27, 2006 10:37
Subject:
[perl #9374] RE: bizarre code leads to bizar ARRAY assign
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-9374-132781.18.7958498493051@perl.org
> Does anyone care about (useless) code causing bizarre things ?
> Or shouldn't I bother with bugs like this one ?
>
> perl -wle '@{1for 1.5}=3'
>
> Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at -e line 1.
> (what do you mean, play too much perl golf ?)

This problem seems to be fixed in 5.8.8 and 5.9.3.

Can someone confirm this? And/or check what patch fixed this and/or if a test case like this is added? (I would do it myself but I have no clue where to begin...)

Regards,

Animator