Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded

From:
Joe McMahon
Date:
April 26, 2006 20:21
Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded
Message ID:
C3240392-1F16-45D8-800D-A081B0206C4D@ibiblio.org

On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Joe McMahon wrote:

> And with Devel::Command, you can rewire the debugger to your
> heart's content by intercepting the 'b' command, using
> Symbol::Approx::Sub to figure out the place you want to breakpoint,
> and then pass the (amended) command on to the debugger, which will
> then Do What You Mean.

Right now Devel::Command actually installs a hooked version of DB::DB
when it's loaded (from .perldb). Obviously this means I have to keep
this up to date when we release new Perls; is it an idea to make the
debugger patch that enables the Devel::Command hook an actual
official patch? It does nothing unless Devel::Command is loaded. (No,
Devel::Command should *not* be core. We should get a new debugger.)

  --- Joe M.