Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded

From:
Glenn Linderman
Date:
April 26, 2006 11:47
Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded
Message ID:
444FC032.1060106@NevCal.com
On approximately 4/26/2006 11:18 AM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of Joshua ben Jore:
> On 4/26/06, Joe McMahon <mcmahon@ibiblio.org> wrote:
>> On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Richard Foley wrote:
>>> On the other hand, if you really want your code to behave as if it
>>> knew what
>>> you meant, at all times and without ever asking, I suggest you use the
>>> Symbol::Approx::Sub module from Dave Cross - that will almost
>>> certainly do
>>> what it _thinks_ you meant, every time you misspell something.  It's
>>> especially useful in production code...
>
> SWI-Prolog has this really nice feature that echos just this idea:
>
> ?- assert(foobar(1,2)).
>
> Yes
> ?- foobaz(1,2).
> Correct to: foobar(1, 2)?
> Please answer 'y' or 'n'?
>
> The debugger could do something just like this: make a guess and let
> the user decide whether it's a good one or not.

For perl, with the postpone option, maybe the choices would better read:

b foobaz
Choose to cancel 'c', postpone 'p' foobaz,
or fix 'f' to foobar:

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/