Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded

From:
Joshua ben Jore
Date:
April 26, 2006 11:18
Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded
Message ID:
dc5c751d0604261118m726b97bekc5f8d37def1dca39@mail.gmail.com
On 4/26/06, Joe McMahon <mcmahon@ibiblio.org> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Richard Foley wrote:
> > On the other hand, if you really want your code to behave as if it
> > knew what
> > you meant, at all times and without ever asking, I suggest you use the
> > Symbol::Approx::Sub module from Dave Cross - that will almost
> > certainly do
> > what it _thinks_ you meant, every time you misspell something.  It's
> > especially useful in production code...

SWI-Prolog has this really nice feature that echos just this idea:

?- assert(foobar(1,2)).

Yes
?- foobaz(1,2).
Correct to: foobar(1, 2)?
Please answer 'y' or 'n'?

The debugger could do something just like this: make a guess and let
the user decide whether it's a good one or not.

Josh