Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded

From:
Joe McMahon
Date:
April 26, 2006 09:54
Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded
Message ID:
CCD9EAA9-11B9-4436-9605-C4979EFD3C9E@ibiblio.org

On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Richard Foley wrote:
> On the other hand, if you really want your code to behave as if it
> knew what
> you meant, at all times and without ever asking, I suggest you use the
> Symbol::Approx::Sub module from Dave Cross - that will almost
> certainly do
> what it _thinks_ you meant, every time you misspell something.  It's
> especially useful in production code...

And with Devel::Command, you can rewire the debugger to your heart's
content by intercepting the 'b' command, using Symbol::Approx::Sub to
figure out the place you want to breakpoint, and then pass the
(amended) command on to the debugger, which will then Do What You Mean.

Now everybody's happy. :)

  --- Joe M.