Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 25, 2006 01:05
Re: [perl #38966] debugger can't breakpoint until module loaded
Message ID:
20060425100505.1eb401d0@grubert.mandriva.com
Albert Cahalan wrote:
> Unlike gdb debugging C programs, the perl debugger is unable to place
> breakpoints on things that don't yet exist. By this I mean functions
> found in libraries that have yet to be loaded. It seems I have to somehow
> find where the libraries get loaded, breakpoint that, single step, then
> breakpoint what I want. This is awful, especially when dealing with
> unfamiliar code.

Doesn't the command "b postpone <subname>" work for you ? (See online
help by typing "h b" in the debugger)