-DDEBUGGING

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
April 12, 2006 00:20
Subject:
-DDEBUGGING
Message ID:
20060412092007.1a5c6be0@pc09
It's been suggested soooooo many times now, also by me, but I plan to
implement -DDEBUGGING and the obvious misspelling -DEBUGGING to mean
-Doptimize=-g -Accflags=-DDEBUGGING for Configure's command line
arguments

Rafael asked how to do a simple -g without the -DDEBUGGING, as the
current situation always sets -DDEBUGGING if -g is in optimize. With
this new functionality, I want to remove that.

Target			Configure arguments new	old
-DDEBUGGING -g		-DDEBUGGING or -DEBUGGING	-Doptimize=-g
-g			-Doptimize=-g			n/a
-DEBUGGING		-Accflags=-DDEBUGGING		same

The section in INSTALL will have to change too

Of course everything was possible with Policy.sh already

Any good reasons to stop me?

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.9.x  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,