Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
April 4, 2006 10:05
Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32
Message ID:
4432A733.8060907@gmail.com
demerphq wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@mandriva.com> wrote:
>
>> demerphq wrote:

>>> Thanks for that. Is there something I could have done in the
>>> IO::Socket patch to mean this wasnt necessary? Did I do something
>>> wrong?
>>>
>> No, you didn't : the B::Concise tests are extensively testing the
>> APIs to get a full range of cases to test on. So it needs sometimes
>> to be adjusted. That's expected.

what he said ;-)
concise-xs.t  checks selected namespaces for all their &routines,
so it picked up the new one you added. (hence the test ++).
The reason it failed the new test is cuz for IO::Socket,
the default &routine flavor is 'constant', which let me avoid enumerating
the biggest group (157/190) for each selected namespace.
It does mean that occasional touches are needed when those modules change.

> Ah, but next time i could provide a patch against blead, and then id
> know about it in advance. Thanks for the explanation.

which explains why you didnt see it.  (I did wonder)
Had I really suspected a flaw, I wouldnt have patched 1st ;-)