Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 4, 2006 08:39
Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32
Message ID:
9b18b3110604040839x31a15d9bsbb8499cd85ef9641@mail.gmail.com
On 4/4/06, Jim Cromie <jim.cromie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve Hay wrote:
> > demerphq wrote:
> >> I reduced that down a bit so it could be used as a conditional EXPR.
> >> Could you try the attached patch on your various Win32 builds?
> >
> > Tests all pass/skip as intended for me, so I've applied this to
> > bleadperl as change #27710.
> >
> > I also added the proper fork() test to io_multihomed.t (which was
> > previously skipping tests even with a fork() emulation when in fact it
> > passes them all OK), and to io_pipe.t (which would have run tests even
> > without a fork() emulation if you had TEST_IO_PIPE set).
> >

> attached patch tells concise-xs.t that the new IO::Socket::blocking call
> is a perl routine, not a constant one ( the default for IO::Socket tests
> there).
> This fixes one noisy failure I started seeing this morning.

Thanks for that. Is there something I could have done in the
IO::Socket patch to mean this wasnt necessary? Did I do something
wrong?

Cheers,
Yves