Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 4, 2006 04:29
Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32
Message ID:
9b18b3110604040429x1f285a16rcd772d93b2f67b0b@mail.gmail.com
On 4/4/06, Steve Hay <steve.hay@uk.radan.com> wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
> > I reduced that down a bit so it could be used as a conditional EXPR.
> > Could you try the attached patch on your various Win32 builds?
>
> Tests all pass/skip as intended for me, so I've applied this to
> bleadperl as change #27710.
>
> I also added the proper fork() test to io_multihomed.t (which was
> previously skipping tests even with a fork() emulation when in fact it
> passes them all OK), and to io_pipe.t (which would have run tests even
> without a fork() emulation if you had TEST_IO_PIPE set).

Great thanks!

If you feel up to it id love to hear thoughts or suggestions on the
io_pipe stuff.

I have a feeling that the tests themselves are suspect in io_pipe.t
and that its not entirely or perhaps even not at all the functionality
of the module going wrong.

I think the fork/exec stuff isnt suitable for testing io_pipe as under
win32 fork/exec becomes threadspawn/system(1,....) and since the
latter creates an entirely new process the filehandles are not
properly bound.

If that made sense to you (im not sure if it makes sense to me ;-)
then id love any advice you might have.

Yves
ps: Jan im cc'ing you because I was hoping you might have some ideas too :-)