Re: Dynamic built perl-5.8.7 on z/OS

From:
Dominic Dunlop
Date:
April 3, 2006 07:22
Re: Dynamic built perl-5.8.7 on z/OS
Message ID:
25C3C1DF-7913-419D-AFC1-1CA12A11E9DB@mac.com
On 2006–04–03, at 14:44, mohammad yaseen wrote:

> I have built perl-5.8.7 with dynamic loading enabled and installed
> in a local directory.
>   As part of debugging some problem i have made some changes to .pm
> files  in the installed lib.So when i run the test script i'm not
> bale to see  the debugging statements.Whether i have to run the
> gmake to see these  statements?

If I understand you correctly -- and unless z/OS has some peculiarity
I do not know about -- you should be able to make perl use your
amended modules by using the -I command-line option:

$ perl -I/path/to/my/lib script-using-amended-modules

or similar. It should not be necessary to run gmake (I guess you mean
to reinstall), although that would probably work too.

You can see where perl is looking for modules by looking at the end
of the output from  perl -V
--
Dominic Dunlop