Please test Configure

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
April 3, 2006 03:10
Subject:
Please test Configure
Message ID:
20060403121104.4efd8232@pc09
I've spent most of the past weekend in back-porting Nicholas' patches to
Configure, and though the front-end doesn't show, this is the most massive
reorganization that has happened to the meta-units in the period that they
are under my maintenance (I started with when 5.8.0 started).

As all patches have to be re-done by hand, the 'patch' program is useless
for meta-units, it is quite possible that I've dropped a line. I have tried
to check and re-check the newly generated Configure and config_h.SH (now
in with patch #27703) against that pair before the re-work, but I'd still
like to see that I didn't break anything.

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.9.x  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,