Re: linting source

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
April 2, 2006 22:28
Re: linting source
Message ID:
4430B280.2050209@gmail.com
Andy Lester wrote:
>> Added grump cleared in the attachment.  Using splint is an excellent
>> idea, so excellent in fact that I suggested it at some point :-) but
>> splint is not the only lint out there.
>
> I'm currently running the lint in Sun Studio, and that works
> marvelously, as well as gcc with a lot of nitpicky warnings.
>
> splint is very painful, but I'm making progress.
>
> If you've got others that you can point to, I'd love to hear about 'em.

If someone's company is doing C/C++ development they might get
licenses for FlexeLint (or its Windows version) and in addition
to analysing their own product they might do a lot of good by
similarly analysing Perl and other open source projects.  (Assuming
Gimpel's license terms aren't idiotic enough to prohibit this...)
Just an idea...

(Then there's of course Coverity, but Perl is already using that.)