Re: how should %^H work with lexical pramas

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 2, 2006 14:21
Re: how should %^H work with lexical pramas
Message ID:
20060402212112.GE32132@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 11:07:42PM +0100, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 03:37:33PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > > I assume that for the duration of the use of the optree in the child, the
> > > parent is forbidden from cleaning up and destructing?
>
> The optrees are refcounted; the last thread to free a CvROOT that points
> to the optree triggers the cleanup.

As far as I can tell this isn't documented anywhere. I'm not sure where it
should go. To try to work it out, I've just been reading perlguts.pod
and perlhack.pod, but I'm still not sure. The latter turns to explain some of
the things that I knew I didn't know. Between these two, comments in the
source, the API documentation that's in perlapi.pod and perlinter.pod, and
http://gisle.aas.no/perl/illguts/ there's actually quite a lot of stuff
documented. But it's all sadly in need of a single mind to bring it
coherency.

Nicholas Clark