Re: New Module::Build released

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
April 2, 2006 12:48
Re: New Module::Build released
Message ID:
20060402194842.GB1944@efn.org
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:33:04AM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> Randy W. Sims wrote:
> >
> > If there is, I was never able to find it. I started to write one, but
> > it's not simple to write a generic one. For ex. MB has to be built first
> > and the generated M::B::ConfigData copied. I don't know if other
> > dual-life modules have similar generated files or exceptions. I guess
> > with the limited number of modules in core a few exceptions would be ok.
>
> I don't think that's the case for other CPAN modules.
> Currently M::B is in lib/, which means it has no Makefile.PL like
> modules in ext/. However the config_data script is extracted from
> utils/config_data.PL at the end of the build process.
> How is ConfigData.pm generated actually ?

Background: any Module::Build-built module can have a Foo::ConfigData
containing user configuration options, later modifiable via the
config_data script.  Some modules may set information in it at
Build.PL run-time so it's created on the user's system, not the module
author's system, but for Module::Build itself, this isn't necessary.

See Module::Build::Base::ACTION_config_data and
Module::Build::Notes::write_config_data.