Parrot 0.4.3 "Cold Conure" Released

From:
Leopold Toetsch
Date:
April 2, 2006 08:13
Subject:
Parrot 0.4.3 "Cold Conure" Released
Message ID:
442FEAE4.1000103@toetsch.at
On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce another
monthly release of Parrot.

I'd like to thank all involved people as well as our
sponsors for supporting us.

What is Parrot?

Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic
languages, see <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more information.

Parrot 0.4.3 changes and news

- namespaces partially implemented
- rulec, Perl6 rule compiler
- PGE improvements including return values for closure
- parts of a Perl6 parser based on PGE
- complex trigonometric methods
- type of Sub PMC is now overridable by HLL
- NetBSD support
- many bug fixes and improvements

After some pause you can grab it from
<http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LT/LTOETSCH/parrot-0.4.3.tar.gz>.

As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
just get the latest and best from SVN by following the directions at
<http://www.parrotcode.org/source.html>

Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more
information about Parrot, get involved, and:

Have fun!
leo