Re: linting source

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
March 31, 2006 23:42
Re: linting source
Message ID:
442E2EBD.7060807@gmail.com
Andy Lester wrote:
>> Added grump cleared in the attachment.  Using splint is an excellent
>> idea, so excellent in fact that I suggested it at some point :-) but
>> splint is not the only lint out there.
>
> I'm currently running the lint in Sun Studio, and that works
> marvelously, as well as gcc with a lot of nitpicky warnings.
>
> splint is very painful, but I'm making progress.

The need to annotate a lot is a bit dubious with splint.

> If you've got others that you can point to, I'd love to hear about 'em.

Well, pretty much every proprietary UNIX out there has a lint of their
own, some better (the Sun one is good from what little I've played with
it), some worse, some a bit dusty.  Then there's commercial FlexeLint
(aka Gimpel Lint) which is pretty nice, available for Unixes
and Windoze, but as noted, one has to pay for it.