Re: how should %^H work with lexical pramas

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
March 31, 2006 06:00
Re: how should %^H work with lexical pramas
Message ID:
20060331140011.GT32132@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 07:45:39PM +0200, demerphq wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> > (in that at runtime you can read the value that %^H had in that scope, with
> > %^H propagating correctly into blocks, and behaving correctly when redefined
> > within a block)
>
> Im still curious about the case of
>
>    $^H{dooot}=9*3 if $condition;
>
> IE, setting the hint NOT in a begin block?

In the patch I've just applied, the behaviour doesn't change. You can set
%^H at run time, but it the change isn't stored in the op tree in any way.
Also, %^H isn't changed upon entry to any blocks.

Nicholas Clark