Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
March 31, 2006 04:09
Re: Making IO::Socket pass test on Win32
Message ID:
442D1B74.7080809@uk.radan.com
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> On 3/31/06, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This bit makes io_sock.t fail tests 2-26 when using a non-threaded perl
>>> on Win32:
>>>
>>> C:\p5p\bleadperl\t>.\perl -I..\lib ..\ext\IO\t\io_sock.t
>>> 1..26
>>> ok 1
>>> The fork function is unimplemented at ..\ext\IO\t\io_sock.t line 59.
>> Any recommendation on a better Config test to use?
>
> I think you can just add a test for $Config{useithreads} on Windows.

No, that won't work.  It is possible to build perl with USE_MULTI and
USE_ITHREADS but not USE_IMP_SYS: this is a multi-threaded perl that
doesn't have the fork() emulation.

I use a perl configured exactly like that for mod_perl-2.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.