Re: [perl #38790] readdir() only returns one result when used withFatal.pm

From:
John E. Malmberg
Date:
March 23, 2006 20:03
Re: [perl #38790] readdir() only returns one result when used withFatal.pm
Message ID:
44236F7D.4090807@qsl.net
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> Joshua ben Jore wrote:
>
>>So hardcode the exceptions. They're well established and limited.
>>Heck, for readdir(), if it returned an empty list/undef, why isn't $!
>>being examined to decide failure? It isn't that failure is
>>undetectable, it just isn't a case of looking at the return value
>>because any of empty/false/undef/-1/0 are possible as non-error
>>returns.
>
> Not sure, I think all directories have always at least one entries.
> At least on Unixes.

OpenVMS directories can be empty and frequently are.

-John
wb8tyw@qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only