perl 5.8.x 'our' vs fully qualified pakcage names

From:
Philip M. Gollucci
Date:
March 20, 2006 13:26
Subject:
perl 5.8.x 'our' vs fully qualified pakcage names
Message ID:
441F1DC5.60209@p6m7g8.com
Hi,

I've an optimization question (yes I know about the evils of premature
optimzation):

package A::B::C;

our $var = 'foo';

1;

vs
package A::B::C;

$A::B::C::var = 'foo';

1;

In terms of compiletime/runtime and inheritance, can someone speak to
what happens in respect to searching the @ISA and the like.

Also why in the perl internals this is the case