develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2006

Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 25, 2006 12:30
Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)
Message ID:
9b18b3110602251230w111e16b2n7300525fe52fc839@mail.gmail.com
On 2/24/06, David Landgren <david@landgren.net> wrote:
> This Fortnight on perl5-porters - 6-19 February 2006
[...]
>    Yves thought it was a bug, since the pure-Perl "Data::Dumper"
>    implementation correctly dies under the same circumstances. He also
>    was interested in knowing what to do, since his own module,
>    "Data::Dumper::Streamer", didn't cope with the construct either.
>    (Which is *STDOUT{IO} in the bug report).

Minor niggle: its actually Data::Dump::Streamer. (But even i get it
confused in the docs once or twice, so I shouldnt complain really...)

>    This summary was written by David Landgren. Compiling this last
>    fortnight has consumed most of my evenings this week. And yet, try as
>    I might, I cannot seem to find the way to summarise things more
>    succinctly. My apologies for the length, and congratulations if you
>    have managed to read as far as here. Now to start on this week's
>    summary.

Just wanted to thank you for doing an _outstanding_ job. Its _very_
much appreciated.

cheers,
Yves