develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2006

Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 24, 2006 15:10
Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)
Message ID:
20060224231006.GL616@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:09:44PM +0100, David Landgren wrote:

>   Now that "podlators" had been fixed to allow the re-use of parser
>   objects, Nicholas has less objections about merging it into maint,

Well, I'd actually love to merge them. Maintaining the things then is
definitely SEP. The more SEP, the merrier.

It's just the backwards compatibility niggle - I want to be confident
that no-one is going to file a bug report $n weeks after a stable release
bemoaning the fact that they upgraded and things "broke".

Nicholas Clark