develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2006

Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)

From:
Joshua Juran
Date:
February 24, 2006 15:05
Re: This Fortnight on perl5-porters (6-19 February 2006)
Message ID:
69E96A45-86BA-43DA-9660-A2865CCB8678@gmail.com
On Feb 24, 2006, at 4:09 PM, David Landgren wrote:

> Mac OS/Lamp port sources available
>
>   Joshua Juran posted the address where people could download the Lamp
>   port of perl 5.6.1, (I believe this is the result of reviving the
> old
>   MacPerl port).
>
>     Where to get it
>     http://xrl.us/j636
>
>     System requirements
>     http://xrl.us/j637

Well, the source is online so as to clear the way for a binary
release of Lamp (which includes the custom tool required to make
sense of the build scripts).  I'm still trying to figure out how to
package the damn thing.  The process must be programmatic (not GUI-
driven) and preferably would use an open format, but after trying to
compile GNU tar I'm ready to just use (or say) StuffIt and be done
with it.  For now, at least.

Although I started with MacPerl's codebase, I'm not really reviving
it so much as, um, looting it...  *ducks*

Josh