develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2006

Implications for mod_perl and prefork.pm with various proxy things?

From:
Adam Kennedy
Date:
February 23, 2006 19:10
Subject:
Implications for mod_perl and prefork.pm with various proxy things?
Message ID:
20060224031013.21552.qmail@lists.develooper.com
All these new(ish) proxy developments designed to save memory seem great
in the single process case, but are there implications for other load
profiles?

At first glance to an outsider they seem to be the declarative
equivalent of using requires instead of use.

Are there the same implications for mod_perl and other COW load
profiles, that in improving memory use by loading late, we can actually
increase memory in the COW case?

If so, if there anything I can do add support in prefork.pm (which
optimises module loading across both load profiles) to perhaps go
through the symbol table and de-proxy the symbols?

And should I?

Adam K